||Mammoth Park; 254 County Park Rd.; Mt. Pleasant, PA
||Friday, May 18 to Sunday, May 20, 2018
||Meet to depart St. Paul’s on Friday evening for a 5:30 p.m. departure. Return to be mid to late morning. Scouts to call home for rides, when they return to the church.
||Approximately 30 minutes each direction
Map of Mammoth Park
||Fun for all:
Cub World -- Program for Cub Scouts and younger visitors:
- Camp trading post
- Displays by Council committees, community service organizations, and sponsors
- Food trucks for Saturday lunch
- Evening crackerbarrel with games and live band (evening wristband required).
- Special community guests and celebrities
- Radio station broadcasting live from camporee
Older scout program:
- Raingutter regata
- Water rockets
- BB Gun Range
- NRA "Eddie the Eagle" gun safety program
- Native American dance and drum, hosted by Wagion Lodge 6
- Cub Scout Challenge Course
- Handicraft activities
- More to come!
- Astronomy merit badge
- Scout / Crew Challenge Course
- Campsite gateway building competition
- Remote control aircraft demonstrations
- HAM radio
- UPMC - Stop the Bleed certification
- OA Dance & Drum team
- Wildlife Works
- Key log rolling
- PA Water Rescue
- Dutch oven cooking
- Westmoreland Cleanways
- More to come!
||We will be camping in troop tents this weekend with 2 scouts per tent. At the end of the weekend scouts will need to take tents and tarps home to clean/dry. Return these troop items at the next weekly meeting.
||For this outing we will be cooking by patrols.
Patrols will plan meals (at troop meetings prior to the outing) for two breakfasts and one dinner. Patrols will shop for food prior to the campout and take coolers and dirty cooking gear home for cleanup afterward.
Scouts will be given money on Saturday to purchase their lunch from the available food trucks.
|What to Bring:
||Bring items for tent camping (sleeping bag, mat, pillow, etc.). Bring clothing that can be layered and is appropriate for the weather. Activities will be outdoors, so you may need rain gear. The nights may be cool. Don’t forget your eating utensils and cup. The troop WILL NOT supply paper plates of plastic forks/spoons.
Pack everything in a small duffel or backpack - no camp boxes!
Leave electronic games, iPods, etc. at home!
||Discounted price if paid by April 11: $35.00 for Scouts; $15.00 for adults.
After April 11: $40.00 for Scouts; $20.00 for adults.
||Register early on our online system to save your space, but no later than Wednesday, May 2nd.